Saturday, June 1, 2013

My Quest For The Big Red Shiny Dome


Ok, I've read loads about to do this, so lets crack on and see what happens...

Firstly his head.

I'd seen lots of different ways to do the dome, from buying a metal one at around £500, or a Styrene one (a bit cheaper, but still not that cheap), using an ikea bowl or a B&Q shade (there are quite a few other ways too but... mah!!)

As I said the first 2 options were a little expensive and more than I was was wishing to spend, not sure why I didn't go for the Ikea bowl, but I decided to go with the B&Q shade.


And there she is, the little beauty. I didn't realize just how big he was going to be until I bought this.

So of I went with my trusty little sander. 


And here I am about an hour later :( - this is gonna be hard work


No comments:

Post a Comment